The Healthy Michigan Plan is a Medicaid health program run by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS). Created in 2014, the Healthy Michigan Plan is a Medicaid expansion program that helps more people get health coverage who couldn’t get Medicaid before. The Healthy Michigan Plan is health coverage that works for your health and your budget.
The plan is designed to provide health coverage to lower income people. To qualify for the Healthy Michigan Plan, you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be between the ages of 19 and 64
- Must have household income of 133% of the federal poverty level or less
- Must be a resident of the State of Michigan
- Do not qualify or are not enrolled in Medicare
- Do not qualify or are not enrolled in other Medicaid programs
- Are not pregnant at the time of application
If you meet the above criteria, there are three ways to enroll:
- Call 1-855-789-5610 or visit your local Department of Health and Human Services office.
Once you’ve signed up, you’ll get a membership card to bring when you get care. You’ll have coverage for common needs like seeing your doctor or filling prescriptions, and access to other services like preventive care.
Healthy Michigan Plan coverage includes:
- Ambulatory patient services
- Emergency services
- Maternity and newborn care
- Mental health and substance use disorder treatment services, including behavioral health treatment
- Prescription drugs
- Rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices
- Laboratory services
- Preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management
- Pediatric services, including oral and vision care
- Other medically necessary services as appropriate
When choosing a plan, look for one with benefits you need. Some additional services included in the Healthy Michigan Plan through Priority Health are access to a large network of doctors, transportation to and from the doctor’s office, and care management.
Since 2014, the Healthy Michigan Plan has provided access to a range of services, and it covers over 700,000 Michigan residents.
The Healthy Michigan Plan can be a great option for people who don’t qualify for Medicare, don’t have health coverage through work, or are simply looking for good health coverage at a low cost.
Learn more about Medicaid and Healthy Michigan Plan coverage options at priorityhealth.com.
N4001-21 Approved MH06242020